Interested in FileMaker development?
Join us for our two-day Fundamentals of FileMaker 15 course on September 21 and 22, where we will attack topics such as working with fields, data modeling, scripting and calculations, and layout development.
For two days, students will develop reports, work with relationships, develop and modify scripts to run, and learn to manage security effectively. All materials will follow the Foundation Training Series from FileMaker Inc., which is supplied with the course. Here is an outline of the class:
Overview: Fundamentals of FileMaker 15 training
Goal of the course
Students acquire skills such as working with fields, data modeling, layout development, scripting and calculations and reporting. Below are the specifications of each covered topic:
Working with fields
- Learn practical skills required to define FileMaker Pro 15 data tables and fields
- Explore data types and options for auto-entry, validation, and field storage
- Discover how to manage images and other objects in container fields
- Learn how to construct different types of data relationships, ensure data integrity, and implement multiple-table solutions
- This module also covers lessons in building layouts using related data fields and portals
Working with layouts
- Discover tools and techniques for creating layouts in FileMaker Pro 15, including layout themes, object states, the inspector tool palette, conditional formatting, auto-resize, web viewers, portals, and tab controls
- Learn how to organize layouts into groups and how to set script trigger options
- Understand how to create and use static, dynamic, and relational value lists
- Learn how functions work in the calculation engine in FileMaker Pro 15, and how to apply them in various contexts
- Study how custom functions are built, and how to use them in database solutions
- Explore the script trigger features of FileMaker Pro 15, as well as best practices for writing scripts
- Learn how to build navigation and window controls, and study logical branching and looping routines
- Practice creating reports in FileMaker Pro 15 using a variety of techniques
- Explore sub-summary reports that group information by break fields
- Work with the charting features of FileMaker Pro 15
Space is limited, so guarantee your spot by registering for this exclusive training event.